UGPulse.com: Ugandan Politics and Ugandan Government News and Articles
Latest on UGPulse.com government
- Letters to UGPulse.com: Was the Arrest of Vincent Nzaramba Illegal? Arrest of Vincent Nzaramba: By making these kinds of arrests the government is hiding behind a false shield.
- Will Museveni Survive Mabira or Will Mabira Survive Museveni There is a lot of talk that Museveni's strong stand in wanting to give away Mabira is not connected to sugar production.
- Musevenism: When the President Has to Handle Every Issue What happens to government institutions when the President has to handle every issue?
- The Politics of Sugar Uganda's politics of sugar as prices rise and economy bites.
- Former DP Spokesman Mwaka Emmanuel Lutukumoi: Why I Defected to NRM It is absurd that some people can say that I was lured to the ruling party because of money. Such a comment is demeaning and shallow.
- The Future for Dr. Kizza Besigye Caution and conscience rule as Dr. Kizza Besigye and his FDC supporters ponder his political future.
- South Sudan Begins Sudan's president, Omar Hassan Al-Bashir and the UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon are among the key speakers as the Republic of South Sudan comes into being on Saturday, bringing forth Africa's 54th nation.
- Museveni's Win in the 2011 Elections: What Does it Mean For Uganda's Politics? Why is Museveni and his NRM securing such a high performance in elections and what are the implications to Uganda's future?
- Uganda Elections 2011: The Presidential Candidates - Early Predictions The absence of arrests of opposition leaders, interrupting of opposition rallies and confrontations of mostly opposition supporters with police has surprised, as it has pleased, many.
- Views from Fiona: Political Projection Come 2011 Losing an election malpractice case alone should disqualify a candidate from standing for any national office again.
- Uganda could do more in Human Rights Observance Human Rights are the bedrock of any democracy. Human rights are about respect for the dignity of the person, realization of his or her potential...
- Politicians likely to shine in 2009 During the year 2008, President Yoweri Museveni's rallying point on his countrywide tours was the eradication of poverty through increased household incomes. However, by year-end, his focus was on the road sector.
- Press freedom in Uganda: Myth or reality? Given that the political players recognise the media's capacity to influence political processes, is press freedom in Uganda an illusory myth?